Many groups and individuals have been working for the protection of Gold Butte’s extraordinary resources for many years. The time has come to permanently protect Gold Butte for future generations, and Take action now!
Please sign the petition to protect Gold Butte
The Gold Butte National Conservation Area Act has been introduced by Senator Reid. Read Senator Reid’s bill: S.B.199. Please take a moment to thank Senator Reid for his support of this Nevada national treasure. A simple, “Thank you for championing Gold Butte as a National Conservation Area with Wilderness!” is all it takes.
Or just give a call to his office. Senator Reid: 702-388-5020
Highlights from the S.B.199 legislation:
- Establishes 348,515 acres for the Gold Butte National Conservation Area
- Designates 129,000 acres of wilderness within the Gold Butte National Conservation Area
- Designates 92,000 acres of wilderness within Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Includes the 2008 transportation plan in management to guarantee present motorized access
- Establishes an interagency office and visitor center in Mesquite to include the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Gold Butte national Conservation Area and the Grand Canyon Parashant National Monument
- Organizes a Gold Butte Advisory Committee for local participation in management planning
Please call or email Representative Crescent Hardy and let him know that you support permanent protection for Gold Butte and that you appreciate public lands in Nevada.
Call Congressman Hardy: (702) 912-1634