The Southern Nevada District of the Bureau of Land Management has opened a public comment period and will be holding six public meetings in communities across southern Nevada in January 2018 to collect public input for the revision of the Draft Resource Management Plan. This is the first opportunity for the public to provide input into the management of Gold Butte National Monument (GBNM).
The BLM is seeking to gather additional information on the areas of renewable energy, Areas of Critical Environmental Concern, lands with wilderness characteristics, land tenure adjustments (land disposals), Gold Butte National Monument, and socio-economics. Updated information on the Revised Draft RMP is available at https://go.usa.gov/xnBqm.
To help individuals prepare their comments as they pertain the GBNM, we have prepared a document that provides suggested talking points for management considerations for GBNM and a tip sheet for drafting substantive comments for the RMP process.
Public meetings are scheduled as follows from 5pm-8pm:
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018 – Old Overton Gym, 179 S Andersen St, Overton, Nevada 89040
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 – Mesquite City Council Chambers, 10 E Mesquite Blvd, Mesquite, Nevada 89027
- Thursday, January 11, 2018 – Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino, 4949 N Rancho Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89130
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 – Pahrump Nugget Hotel and Casino, 681 S Hwy 160, Pahrump, Nevada 89048
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – Heritage Park Senior Facility, 300 S. Racetrack Road, Henderson, Nevada 89015
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 – Searchlight Community Center, 200 Michael Wendell Way, Searchlight, Nevada 89046
The public comment period is open through February 2. In addition to the public meetings, the public can comment through one of the methods listed below:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (702) 515-5023
- Mail: BLM Southern Nevada District Office, Southern Nevada District RMP Revision, 4701 N. Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89130