Our Mission and Goals
- We envision a vibrant and healthy Gold Butte landscape where the land and wildlife, cultural resources, and solitude are preserved and accessible for the enjoyment of current and future generations.
- Our mission is to promote the responsible enjoyment of the Gold Butte National Monument through education, stewardship, advocacy, and preservation of natural and cultural resources.
- Wild places that are open and assessable for the enjoyment of visitors.
- Open and respectful dialog that considers diverse opinions.
- Science-informed decisions.
- Diversity, cooperation, and integrity.
Our goals are focused in four strategic priority areas:
- Programs: Create education and outdoor recreation programs that support the enjoyable and sustainable use of Gold Butte and other public lands.
- Infrastructure: Facilitate the installation and maintenance of infrastructure necessary to support access to Gold Butte and protect the landscape.
- Advocacy: Cultivate community relations and support land management policies and decisions that preserve a healthy landscape and promote responsible access and use of Gold Butte.
- Organizational Sustainability. Ensure the organization is financially sound, has strong partner relationships, a positive community standing, and a growing membership that supports the organization and operations.