Reid Gold Butte Internship
Status: Part-time, 15 hours per week
Internship Dates: October-December 2017 with potential to extend through May 2018
The Friends of Gold Butte is looking for a part-time intern to assist with marketing and communications for our organization. The Friends of Gold Butte is a 501(c)3, Nevada non-profit organization. Our mission is to promote the responsible enjoyment of Gold Butte National Monument through education, advocacy, stewardship and the preservation of cultural and natural resources.
- Become familiar the Gold Butte area and on-going conservation efforts
- Write and format newsletter articles
- Create and publish content for FoGB’s website and social media pages
- Assist with ad development and placement, including Google Ad Words.
- Compile press clips and photos
- Provide staff support for tabling at outreach events including data entry
- Good writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail for data entry
- Ability to use MS office suite and Google email and docs programs
- Ability to use social media platforms such as FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to use or learn WordPress, Canva, and MailChimp
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, responsive, professional, and able to work independently
- Personable, polite, demeanor when talking to strangers in public settings and on the phone
- School credit if applicable
- Letters of recommendation
- Gain experience working for a successful conservation campaign with multiple local and national partners
- Opportunity to discover and explore a new national monument
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com by September 30, 2017. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in land conservation.